How many of you are MercyMe fans?
Many of you, I’m sure – because the award-winning Christian band with proven crossover appeal has been releasing hit after hit for two decades now. From “I Can Only Imagine” to Word of God Speak,” MercyMe’s popularity has only grown with its most recent album and its current single, “Dear Younger Me”:
And for you MercyMe fans, I have good news: I’m happy to announce that the band will join us on the Focus on the Family 40th Anniversary Cruise in November 2017!
I first blogged about our big anniversary celebration aboard the Disney Dream earlier this year. We’ll spend four nights sailing to the Bahamas with stops in Nassau and Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests.
Here’s what families on the cruise can look forward to:
- Stress-free fun family members of all ages can enjoy together – as well as specialized activities for kids, tweens, teens and adults
- Adventures in Odyssey 30th Program Birthday Celebration, including a live stage show, meet and greet with the Adventures in Odyssey cast and crew, and story time with your favorite voice actors
- Exclusive Focus activities and special guests, including Bible historian and teacher Ray Vander Laan of That the World May Know®, Dr. Del Tackett of The Truth Project®, and Focus experts Dr. Greg and Erin Smalley
All of this will be taking place on the award-winning Disney Dream, which boasts amenities such as:
- The AquaDuck—first water coaster at sea
- Broadway-caliber musicals and live shows
- Fireworks at a pirate-themed deck party
- Special moments with Disney Characters
- First-run Disney movies in state-of-the-art theaters
- Spacious family-friendly staterooms
- Special “Very Merrytime” holiday programming, special holiday décor, and Disney characters dressed for the occasion
- Legendary Disney hospitality
And now we can add MercyMe to that impressive line-up! They’ll play a concert, lead a Christmas carol event, and even provide a meet-and-greet autograph session for families.
“We are so looking forward to celebrating Focus on the Family’s 40 years of helping families,” Mercy Me said. “We hope to see you on board for what we are sure will be a wonderful time filled with spiritual growth, fellowship and worship!”
My family and I are also looking forward to the 40th Anniversary Cruise, and to meeting many of the wonderful families we serve. What a privilege it’s been for me to lead Focus for more than ten years now, and to hear from countless families how God has used the ministry to help them. It’s something definitely worth celebrating!
If you’re interested in joining us, visit www.FocusCruise.com to learn more. And if you book by Nov. 12 of this year, you can take half-off the required 20 percent deposit.*
Before I sign off, I want to ask you: what’s your favorite Mercy Me song, and why? Let me know in the comments, below.
Donor funds will not be used for cruise costs.
Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas.
*The remainder of your deposit will be included in the balance due and divided into equal monthly payments.