Every week, nearly 6 million listeners tune in to the Focus on the Family Daily Broadcast. It’s still humbling for me to realize that so many people invite Focus – and, by extension, me as the program’s host – into their lives.
We love our listeners, and appreciate the feedback you give us. Whether you contact us by phone, email or on social media, we review every single opinion, comment and testimony, and we share it with relevant staff. We do this because our main goal, apart from glorifying God, is to help families – and the best way to know if our radio program is helping families is to listen to you.
So when we determine the year’s top programs, it’s based on our team’s evaluations and the feedback you’ve shared with us.
And you told us, loud and clear, which were the top broadcasts in 2016.
So, like we do every year, we’re taking the month of December to re-air the best-loved programs of the previous 12 months. This year we have 11 different broadcasts on the docket. I hope you’ll mark your calendar and tune in to the ones you think will benefit you, and that you’ll recommend a favorite program or two to a friend.
Without further ado, here’s our lineup for 2016:
- Dec. 1 and 2: Who is the Author of Your Faith I-II, with Pastor Andy Stanley
- Dec. 5 and 6: Rethinking Your Parenting Strategies I-II, with Mr. Michael Anderson and Dr. Timothy Johanson
- Dec. 7 and 8: Learning from History’s Great Men and Women I – II, with Mr. Eric Metaxas
- Dec. 9: Adding Some Spice to Your Marriage, with Pastor Ted Cunningham
- Dec. 12 and 13: Intelligence: Discovering Your Child’s Unique Gifts I – II, with Dr. Kathy Koch
- Dec., 14, 15 and16: Staying Committed Through the Rough Seasons of Marriage I – III, with Pastor Al and Mrs. Lisa Robertson
- Dec. 19 and 20: Discovering Your Love Style I – II, with Mr. Milan and Mrs. Kay Yerkovich
- Dec. 21 and 22: Overcoming Rejection to Live in God’s Love I – II, with Mrs. Lysa TerKeurst
- Dec. 27-28: Accepting My True Identity in Christ I – II, with Dr. Rosaria Champagne Butterfield
- Dec. 29-30: Connecting with Your Child I – II, with the late Dr. Karyn Purvis
- Jan. 3: Clearing Out the Clutter, with Mrs. Kathi Lipp
We’ve also compiled all of these broadcasts on CD or via digital download. They would make a great gift for a friend – or even yourself! You can purchase “The Best of 2016” collection at our online store – and while you’re there, please keep in mind that we’re offering free shipping on everything through Christmas.
One last thing: our Daily Broadcast is only possible because of friends like you, and the generous donations you give to Focus on the Family. So as you consider your year-end giving, I ask that you please keep Focus in mind. Your gift will go twice as far thanks to generous ministry friends who will match what you give, dollar for dollar, up to $3.5 million! You can give quickly, easily and securely online. On behalf of everyone here at Focus on the Family, and all those we help, thank you for considering our ministry.