Rob Parsons is the founder and chairman of Care for the Family in the United Kingdom, a sister organization to Focus on the Family. In his study are two armchairs, one to the right of the fireplace and one to the left. One night, Rob imagined each of his grandchildren, not as the little ones they were, but as grown men and women in their 20s or 30s. They each sat in one of the armchairs after somebody had broken their heart or stepped all over their dreams.
Rob wrote a letter to each one, sharing lessons with them about life and love and all that they’ll need as adults to have a happy life. The letters included five important principles:
- How to deal with difficult people – Be kind to them and know that you’re accepted and loved. You have nothing to prove.
- Love and marriage – True love takes deep commitment.
- Friendship – Tell your friends they matter to you.
- Chasing your dreams – Future goals are important! Find someone to encourage you and be an encouragement to others.
- Seize the Day! – Don’t live in the past. Don’t fear the future. Enjoy today.
Hear Rob share wisdom with his grandchildren – and yours – on our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Sharing Wisdom with the Next Generation.” Listen on your local radio station, online, on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or take us with you on our free phone app. We also have a CD of his talk available for a gift of any amount. For more information, visit our website.