If you were to sit where I sit and see what I see on the horizon, I’m sure you’d agree that God is very much at work at Focus on the Family. Of course, for practical reasons, sharing my chair isn’t an option. So let me run down a number of the reasons why I’m energized by the journey ahead of us.
The first one is a biggie.
God moved in the hearts of several incredibly generous donors to introduce our mission—namely, Helping Families Thrive—to an audience of tens of millions of families. How? Through a bold, unprecedented media campaign next month. Look for our Super Bowl ad featuring Tim Tebow and the theme “Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.”
Best of all, no money from our general budget was used to take advantage of this opportunity.
Other future initiatives that are sure to build upon our 33-year history include these exciting developments and commitments:
- We’re expanding our website tools, simulcast reach, online forums, mobile apps and video webcasting capabilities to engage and minister to young families through the media of their choice.
- We’ll be operating a web-based radio station delivering the best of Christian music and biblical family advice.
- For the first time ever, much of our content will be made available on demand, in digital downloadable form through a new online download store.
- We’re making important investments in Adventures in Odyssey, JellyTelly and other family entertainment properties that provide parents with wholesome alternatives to secular media.
- Thousands of babies will be saved through the blessing of our Option Ultrasound project.
- Focus on the Family’s co-host John Fuller, Juli Slattery and I will continue the legacy of our respected broadcasting outreach, and will infuse it with new thoughts and ideas.
- Hundreds of children will finally find “forever families” through the Wait No More and other Orphan Care initiative activities.
- We’ll be taking steps to make more relevant connections with expectant and new mothers, single parents, blended families, and Hispanic families.
- The Truth Project will expand the teaching of biblical truth through new language translations and trainings in both the United States and internationally.
Whew! Can you see why I’m so energized by what the Lord is doing here at Focus on the Family?
Sure, there will be days ahead when the road is bumpy. I’ll be the first to admit there are times when following God feels like I’ve got to be wearing a crash helmet! But I’m committed to keep doing the work that the Lord lays in front of us to the best of my abilities.
I remain passionate about staying true to the principles upon which Focus was founded—while innovating for the next generation! Will you stand with us? If so, fasten your seatbelt . . . and let’s go!