Your worldview is important. It helps you answer life’s most basic questions:
- Creation – How things began.
- Fall – What’s gone wrong with the world.
- Redemption – The solution for fixing what’s gone wrong with the world.
- Restoration – What the world will look like once redemption has taken place.
Whether you realize it or not, you do have a worldview. You either fill in the blanks with random answers, or you seek truth like you’re assembling a jigsaw puzzle, thoughtfully and carefully putting small pieces of information together to form a bigger, unified picture of reality.
That’s what Christianity offers. The story of the Bible is not a description of a religion, but a depiction of reality.
Although forming a Christian worldview can often seem too lofty or complicated for the average layperson, it doesn’t have to be that way. Apologist Gregory Koukl is with us on our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Building a Solid Christian Worldview” to explain the powerful way that God rescues us through His Son, Jesus.
Our conversation explores all five components of the Christian worldview:
- God. The Bible tells us what went wrong with God’s creation and how He’s putting things right again.
- Humankind. People chose rebellion over obedience. Humans are beautiful and valuable, but we’re also broken.
- Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus was not crucified for what He did, but for who He said He was.
- The Cross. Jesus is not a victim. No one takes His life from Him. He gives it willingly and purposefully.
- The Resurrection. Gregory shares four trustworthy historical facts about the Resurrection.
Gregory Koukl is an adjunct professor of Christian apologetics at Biola University and the founder and president of Stand to Reason, a ministry that trains Christians to think more clearly about their faith.
While you’re online, you may be interested in a free online booklet we’ve written called, “Coming Home: An Invitation to Join God’s Family,” which explains what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
I’d also like to extend an invitation for you to become a special partner with us through our monthly “Friends of Focus on the Family” program. When you do, I’ll send you a copy of Gregory’s book The Story of Reality: How the World Began, How It Ends, and Everything Important that Happens in Between as a way of saying thank you for touching others with the love of Christ. You’ll also receive member-exclusive benefits. To make your pledge, or for more information, visit our website or call 1-800-A-FAMILY (232-6459).