Would you like to see more joyful obedience from your children?
Author Arlene Pellicane offers eight key strategies that will set your kids up to succeed:
- Amusement is not the highest priority. Your life should not revolve around entertaining your child.
- Parents call the shots. You are the leader, not your child.
- Routine and boundaries provide security. Kids thrive with guidelines and guardrails.
- It’s best to weave the Bible and prayer into the fabric of daily life, not reserve it for Sundays.
- Marriage takes a front seat. Don’t allow your marriage to wind up in the trunk for 18 years while you raise children. Make your marriage a priority.
- Serve good food at the table – both nutritional food and the food of conversation and connection.
- Love is spelled T-I-M-E.
- You’re raising and launching adults, not babying children. Your job is not to keep them for life, but to send them into life physically, relationally, and spiritually equipped.
Arlene is with us on our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Raising Godly Children in Today’s Culture” to highlight the power-packed research that informs her ideas. She shares encouraging nuts-and-bolts reminders for teaching respect, instilling character, and spending time with your children.
Arlene’s book, Parents Rising: 8 Strategies for Raising Kids Who Love God, Respect Authority and Value What’s Right, is full of fun stories and solid parenting material that will give you the boost you need to rise up and be the mom or dad your child needs. You can receive it for a gift of any amount. Click here for details.
While you’re online, why not try our “Seven Traits of Effective Parenting” assessment? It’ll help you discern where you’re doing well and where you could benefit from some improvement.