All of these individuals were adopted – but only because their birthmothers first chose to give them a chance at life. And because their birthmothers chose to carry them to term, the world was blessed by their respective lives.
- Because she chose life…Steve Jobs was given an opportunity to transform the world of personal computing.
- Because she chose life…Leo Tolstoy gave the world War and Peace and Anna Karenina.
- Because she chose life…Gerald Ford helped guide the nation through political chaos and trauma.
- Because she chose life…Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas used a portion of his fortune to help other families realize their dreams of adopting children.
- Because she chose life…Faith Hill shared her soaring voice that has inspired many to look up and outside of themselves.
- Because she chose life…Edgar Allan Poe inspired a generation of writers to make a living doing what they loved best.
- Because she chose life…Nelson Mandela made major strides toward racial reconciliation in South Africa.
- Because she chose life…Nancy Reagan helped influence the future 40th president of the United States.
- Because she chose life…James Michener’s pen painted pictures of the world in words.
- Because she chose life, Art Linkletter helped remind us that little kids say the funniest things.
Yesterday was the 39th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s tragic decision that legalized abortion in all 50 states. An entire generation has been lost to barbarism of the highest order. Since that cold January day nearly 50 million children haven’t been given the same chance that all these beloved individuals were given.
Thank you for joining with me in not only praying for the most innocent – but also for praying for their mothers at their most critical hour of vulnerability.
I would invite you to click here to view Focus on the Family’s most recent video promoting the sanctity and dignity of life. You might consider posting it on your Facebook or Twitter account. After all, you never know if someone within your circle of influence might personally benefit from it today.