Drs. Gary Chapman and Paul White say toxic jobs and dangerous jobs are similar. Each are stressful, take place in difficult environments, and likely include dysfunctional colleagues who undermine you and the organization.
Brutal bosses. Soul-crushing cultures. Poisonous people. If you personally haven’t experienced workplace trauma, you may be surprised by how many of your friends and colleagues have. According to a Gallup report, seven out of ten American workers either “go through the motions” or flat-out hate their jobs.
Drs. Paul White and Gary Chapman are with us on our Focus on the Family Broadcast “What to Do When Your Job Is Killing You” to explain:
- How workplaces become unhealthy.
- How to avoid getting wounded.
- Why toxic leaders are so damaging and what drives them.
- Essential tips for maintaining your sanity while dealing with dysfunctional colleagues.
- How to decide when to leave for your own emotional and physical well-being.
- How positive and healthy workplaces are characterized by trust and accountability.
- Why humility in leadership is important.
Learn what a toxic job looks like and how to manage that job without letting it harm you emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually. Hear our program on your local radio station, online, on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, via Google Podcasts, or take us with you on our free phone app.
If you feel stuck in a toxic work environment, we have caring Christian counselors on staff, and it would be their privilege to offer you a free consultation. Call us, leave your name and number, and they’ll get back with you just as soon as possible. The number during business hours is 1-800-A-FAMILY (232-6459).
Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Paul White’s book Rising Above a Toxic Workplace: Taking Care of Yourself in an Unhealthy Environment is available for a gift of any amount. We’ll send it out to you as a way of saying thank you for partnering with us to strengthen families with the resources they need. For more information, click here.