There’s a reason that Jesus talked so much about money: Our relationship with God and our stewardship over money are inextricably connected. He said, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21, ESV).
God wants to help us align the desires of our hearts – what we love, what we’re passionate about – with the stewardship of our resources. Stewardship isn’t about building our own kingdoms. It’s about using money in a way that brings God glory and furthers His kingdom.
Pastor Tommy Brown says that, much like our personality, we all have a money type, a natural inclination for the way we relate to money. In fact, he says that there are seven money types that God has created within His people that influence your stewardship. Your habits, your thoughts, your emotions, and your desires all help you understand why you handle your financial resources the way you do.
To remember the seven money types more easily, Pastor Brown has applied biblical characters to them:
- The Abraham type is about hospitality.
- The Isaac type uses money in ways that are disciplined.
- The Jacob type uses money to create beautiful experiences and moments.
- The Joseph type is entrusted with other people’s resources to create systems and to make connections.
- The Moses type endures hard times by being structured and well-ordered.
- The Aaron type wants to make sure that needs are met.
- The David type is all about leadership, the future, and moving people and organizations forward.
Pastor Tommy Brown is with us to share more fully about the seven money types and the strength and weaknesses of each. He’ll also share tips on how you and your spouse can work through your differences and communicate in a healthier way about finances.
Tommy Brown is a pastor, writer, speaker and financial development strategist. His book, The Seven Money Types: Discover How God Wired You to Handle Money, is available in our online store.
Join us for “Discovering Your Money Type” on your local radio station, online, or on our free phone app.
Leave a Reply