Author Jodie Berndt has heard from hundreds, if not thousands, of parents through the years who struggle with praying for their children, as she did:
- They feel inadequate.
- They believe prayer to be a natural part of the parenting process, but rarely feel like their prayers “pack a punch.”
- Jodie even worried that her proud or anxious prayers might elbow God out of the picture.
The more familiar Jodie became with the Bible, the more Scripture reshaped her perspective and her desires – and the more her prayers lined up with God’s will
The book of James says that “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” (James 5:16). That includes the prayers of faithful parents who seek God on behalf of their children.
Jodie teaches three truths about praying for your kids:
- You never stop being a parent, nor do you ever stop wanting God’s best for them.
- You will never stop praying for your children.
- Prayer is work. It’s a delight, and it is a relationship, but it is also a discipline that we must make time for every day.
Praying effectively for your children is the topic of our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Praying Scripture Over Your Child’s Life,” one of our “Best of 2021” broadcasts. Jodie Berndt is with us to help you learn how to pray regularly for your children. She offers fun and practical encouragement for incorporating Scripture into your child’s world. Listen to our program on your local radio station, online, on iTunes, via Podcast, or on our free phone app.
Before I close, I want you to know that generous friends of our ministry are making it possible for your donation to Focus on the Family to be doubled. Which means your gift will go twice as far toward rescuing hurting marriages, equipping parents, and giving families hope. So please give today.
With your gift of any amount, we’ll send you Jodie Berndt’s book Praying the Scriptures for your Children: Discover How to Pray God’s Purpose for Their Lives. Visit our website for more information.